I am a bilingual General and Business English Teacher and career advisor with 6 years’ experience in sales and marketing, with fabulous communication skills and a competitive nature. I have proven skills in customer service and highest standards of work ethic to meet all company objectives. I have worked with different target customers and at all levels, demonstrating superior levels of responsibility and project follow-through. I am also quick in learning new skills, exhibit great dedication and the highest calibre of professional attitude when carrying out a project from inception to completion. Moreover, I enjoy working within as well as supervising a highly effective team and thrive in challenging working environments. Now seeking for a new and challenging position with a company that will enable best use of diverse knowledge and skills obtained through education and work experience.
2018 Masters in Entrepreneurship and Management – Business Studies
Italy University of Palermo
2016 Pedagogical Aptitude training course – IEFP certified trainer (CAP) Nº F639349/2016
Portugal Centro de Formação de Formadores de Lisboa
2016 Social Media Marketing
Alison Online Diploma
2012 Oxford College – (OOL) A Levels
UK English Literature and English Language
2009 CELTA (Certificate in English Language, Teaching Adults)
Italy International House
2009 Creative Writing
Italy Cambridge University and Oxford University Press
2005 BA (Hons) in Retail Marketing
UK University of Brighton
2001 Technical School of Tourism
Italy Marco Polo High School
English: native speaker
Italian: native speaker
Portuguese: Speaking – Intermediate, Comprehension – Upper-intermediate
Interactive White Board, PowerPoint, Salesforce, online teaching platforms, web applications, problem solving and technical troubleshooting skills, online marketing and data management platforms, KPI analysis, GNATTA, online technical support, financial statements and other business reports, marketing and business strategies, social media evaluator.
Sep 2018 – ongoing iTutorGroup
Online English Teacher
• Teaching English online
• Filling in report cards
• Level placement sessions
Aug 2016 – ongoing “Einstein” High School of Sciences – Economics Teacher
“Meli” High School of Human Sciences – History Teacher
• Preparing students and other professionals for Cambridge examinations (A1-B2 levels).
• Teaching Economics in English at Einstein for the Cambridge IGCSE Exam
• Translating from Italian to English a magazine issued by Saint Jane Hotels and other private companies.
• Selecting, evaluating and preparing the materials required for class and in line with syllabus
Feb 2016 – Oct 2016 “Galileo Galilei” High School of Sciences (Part-time)
“Francesco Riso” Middle School (Trinity College)
Expert mother-tongue English Teacher
• Preparing students and other teachers for the Cambridge Preliminary English Test (PET) and intensive English course from A1/A2 to B1 level.
Feb 2016 – ongoing Online and One-to-one Private Lessons
Interview preparation and Business English
University level placements and Cambridge exam preparation
• Preparing and helping out clients in identifying the best personalised answers to succeed.
• Conducting research, seeking for data in order to advise on best marketing and business strategies on behalf of clients.
• Identifying strengths and weaknesses to advise on best training path.
• Creating CVs and Cover letters on behalf of clients and translating them as required (Eng/Ita – Ita/Eng)
Jul 2009 – Ago 2012 Private/Public Schools and Italian Companies
UK & Italy English Language, Literature and Business English Teacher
• Teaching Business English to Italian companies (using PowerPoint presentations): Infostrada, FCA Group, Frangini Pharmaceuticals, private students within the banking industry, Pastificio Tomasello, Pastificio Gallo.
• Teaching General English and exam preparation to both private and public schools: High School of Science “Galileo Galilei”; Middle School “Marconi”; International House – London School; Babel School; High School of Languages “Garibaldi”; John Milton; Berlitz; Sydney Sussex College Summer Camp in Cambridge.
• Assisting companies and privates in creating and editing written content including website, case studies, white papers, infographics, financial statements, agreements and other business documents.
• Undertaking research and data gathering for props and realia.
Exact dates and schools:
• Jun – Ago 2012: St. Giles International Junior Summer Camps – tutor and supervisor.
• Feb 2012: Babel School – Business English and General English (A1-B2);
• Mar – Jun 2012: Liceo Classico “Garibaldi” (exam preparation – B2)
• Sep – Dec 2011: Berlitz School (Wind Telecommunications Spa e FIAT) – Business English (A1-B2).
• Oct 2009 – May 2012: “Galileo Galilei” High School – English Teacher, exam preparation: Trinity (Gr. 6-8).
• Nov 2009 – Feb 2010: English Room – English Teacher.
• Nov 2009 – Feb 2010: John Milton Institute – English Teacher: Direct English Methodology and PET.
• Sep 2009 – May 2010: Babel school of Languages – English Teacher (A2 -B2)
• Jul 2009: London School – English Teacher (A1-A2)
Sales and consultancy work
April 2014 – Feb 2016 Education First – EnglishTown.com
Lisbon, Portugal Study Adviser and Customer Service Representative
• Generated €30K/month on a first target and continued to meet targets as requested.
• Generated new leads and updated Salesforce database.
• Analysing KPIs.
• Managing Inbound and Outbound calls, advising on best language courses and support on studies.
• Providing study materials.
• Selling the best and most profitable products to meet both clients´ and company´s requirements.
• Promoting products and services and building long-term commercial relationships.
• Explaining and terms of contract over the phone.
• Preparing quotes, offers and contracts.
Oct 2013 – Mar 2014 Labmed Group
Aug 2012 – Oct 2013 Atlantis Medical
Nov 2007 – Jun 2008 Manpower
UK & Italy Recruitment Consultant
• Generated 35K on a first target and continued to meet targets on a monthly basis.
• Generated more than 10 leads per day and reduced customer turnover by 30%.
• Researching job markets across Europe and acquire new recruitment sources, organising also relocation packages.
• Establishing and maintaining relationships with partners such as universities, embassies and agencies.
• Creating job ads, posters and other documents to support recruitment.
• Analysing CVs and making pre-selection calls, both with local and international applicants from all over Europe.
• Assessing applicants’ language skills.
• Creating and correcting selection tests, to then advise on ways to build their skills.
• Managing the selection process and keeping the applications database updated.
• Presenting our selection to clients.
• Executing background checks and making sure all legal requirements / company policies were respected;
• Promoting the role of Human Resources inside the company through professionalism and positive influence at every occasion.
• Visiting prospects and clients by car and carrying out PowerPoint presentations, including up-selling and cross-selling services.
Sep 2005 – May 2007 Gestel IT Services
• Generated ongoing sales maximising profits and exceeding targets.
• Visiting prospects and clients by car and carrying out PowerPoint presentations.
• Client follow-up to develop further business, and portfolio management.
Training and Workshops
▪ 18 Oct 2010: “Support for Teachers Preparing Students for Trinity Exams” and “Overview of Trinity College London (TCL)” by Claudia Beccheroni et al. Grand Hotel Excelsior, Piazza G. Verga, 39, Catania.
▪ 01 Apr 2011: TESOL – Italy “Working with Stories and Storytelling in Challenging Times”, by NICK OWEN – “G. Galilei” High School via Danimarca, Palermo.
▪ 04 Apr 2011: “The use of LIM” by Anthony Calandrucci, OUP Educational Consultant – Regina Margherita High School.
▪ 15 Apr 2011: TESOL – Italy di Palermo “Discourse and Ideology”, tenuto dalla prof.ssa Eleonora Chiavetta presso il Liceo Scientifico “G. Galilei”, via Danimarca, Palermo.
▪ 23 Sep 2011: TESOL-Italy Day “Plenary Session: Teaching Law through Shakespeare, by Prof. Stefano Mochi, President of TESOL-Italy, Roma. “The Use of Wikis in collaborative writing” by dott. Enrico Grazzi, Università ROMA TRE – G.A. De Cosmi High School, Via Leonardo Ruggeri 15, Palermo.
▪ 08 Nov 2011: “CLIL: Caring and Sharing” by Prof.ssa Irene Ajovalasit – G.A. De Cosmi High School, Via Leonardo Ruggeri 15, Palermo.
▪ 06 Mar 2012: “Creative CLIL” – A. Einstein High School, Palermo.
▪ 23 Mar 2012: “Teaching Literature and the Reform” – G. A. De Cosmi High School, Palermo.
▪ 25 Oct 2012: “Convegno Insegnamento e Dislessia” by Anthony Calanducci – Senior Educational Consultant – OUP Palermo – F. Crispi High School, Via Campolo 110, Palermo.
▪ 09 Nov 2012: “Using Music to Enhance Language Teaching” by Prof. Fergal Kavanagh. G.A. De Cosmi High School, Palermo.
▪ Ongoing training on Trinity and Cambridge Exam preparation.
▪ August 2016: “Maths and Economics” – preparation for the admission to the Specialty Course in Entrepreneurship and Management”.
▪ September 2016: Oxford Online Learning – “Economics AS/A Levels” UCLES
▪ July 2017: Cambridge (UCLES)-IGCSE Mathematics (0580) Online Professional Development training.
▪ September 2017: Cambridge (UCLES)-IGCSE Economics Online Professional Development training.
▪ July 2018: Workshop in English Horizon 2020 learning and understanding the language for planning, organising and managing a call for proposals for Horizon 2020 projects.
References available upon request